Monday, March 4, 2013

Fight against Cancer




I wanted to dedicate a special part of my page towards family and friends who are going through a great deal of pain because their loved ones are suffering from Cancer.  My older cousin’s just lost a mother figure from Lupus and her stepmother is suffering from stage 4 Colorectal cancer and my best friend’s mother is suffering from stage 4 Breast Cancer and her cousin is currently in remission from his cancer.

Breast cancer is cancer that starts in the tissues of the breast.

Colorectal cancer is cancer that starts in the colon or the rectum.

Cancer strikes with little reason. It does not discriminate and chooses it victims regardless of wealth or social status. It has a cruel way of robbing one of their dignity, self-respect, and independence. It can be physically and financially draining, oftentimes stealing one's hope and joy. In short, it can be very difficult to cope with Cancer.

………… So knowing this how do you become your family members or best friend confidant??? How do you know what to say??? How can you make your loved ones feel better knowing it’s nothing you can say or do to make things alright again??? Why is the only thing I can offer is a sympathetic ear or a shoulder to cry on??? Why isn’t there a prevention program or at least a cure??? How can I have the RIGHT to be happy, the RIGHT to be sad, or the RIGHT to be anything knowing that my loved ones are handling wwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy more than any person should ever have to bare??? How can I still be selfish enough to miss the company of my cousin or miss the company of my best friend when they are trying save the lives of the individuals who means most to them…. Cancer is a bitch!!!! And the messed up thing about it is it’s nothing I can do about it… Googling the right thing to say hasn’t seemed to do much. Praying seems to do everything but not always in the answers we expect. So what next???

No comments:

Post a Comment